Redskins receiver Cody Latimer taken into custody
Washington Redskins wide receiver Cody Latimer has been taken into police custody on charges of assault, reckless endangerment, illegal discharge of a firearm, and prohibited use of a weapon.
Latimer likely faces a significant suspension from the league following these events. There's a significant chance that Latimer's NFL days are over.
Latimer never lived up to his second-round draft capital from the 2014 NFL Draft, especially compared to his peers in that legendary wide receiver draft class. While Washington has a paper-thin depth chart at wide receiver, he was already a long-shot bet for significant production in the 2020 season.
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Washington receiver Emanuel Hall tears achilles June 28th, 2020
- Terry McLaurin practicing with Washington teammates June 25th, 2020
- Washington's Adrian Peterson interested in 4 more seasons June 24th, 2020
- Redskins' Derrius Guice appears healthy in recent video June 14th, 2020
- Washington's Dwayne Haskins dropping weight June 11th, 2020
- Redskins quarterback Dwayne Haskins seen throwing with Steven Sims June 7th, 2020