Panthers get defensive tackle Derrick Brown signed
The Carolina Panthers have signed seventh-overall pick Derrick Brown to his rookie contract.
It's a four-year deal with the standard fifth-year team option for first-rounders. The Panthers committed their entire draft to revamping their defense, which ranked among the league's worst in 2019. The obviously hopes Brown can be a blue-chip piece on their line for years to come.
The Panthers fielded the worst run defense in the league in 2019, but the addition of Brown should start the process of turning things around. Brown was one of the top run defenders in college football last year, and earned Pro Football Focus grades of over 90.0 in each of the last two years.
- Eagles eager to let Miles Sanders loose August 3rd, 2020
- Jets release offensive guard Brian Winters on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Rhule: 'We feel like we have the power to be able to take advantage of throwing the ball downfield' June 26th, 2020
- Curtis Samuel considered paramount for Panthers' success June 19th, 2020
- Seth DeValve released by Panthers June 3rd, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Panthers get defensive tackle Derrick Brown signed May 11th, 2020
- Panthers waive running back Marcus Murphy May 4th, 2020