Lions' Matthew Stafford (back) medically cleared
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (back) has been medically cleared, general manager Bob Quinn said.
“Matthew’s doing great," Quinn said. "He calls probably once a week. I know he’s working out. Health-wise he’s good to go. He’s cleared medically.” Stafford was on pace for a career campaign in 2019 before missing the final eight games with a broken back. His 6.5 touchdown percentage set a personal-best and Stafford's 312.4 yards per game was the second-best of his career, as well as second-most in the league. The Lions feature a talented group of pass-catchers in Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones, and T.J. Hockenson, so Stafford should be able to replicate his success next season if his back holds up. The former top overall pick turned 32 in February.
Stafford averaged 21.5 FanDuel points (QB4) and 2.4 touchdowns per game last season. He threw for a career-high 8.6 yards per attempt and had the highest average depth of target (10.6 yards) among all passers with at least 100 dropbacks. Stafford also added 0.30 Passing Net Expected Points per play with a 51.8 Passing Success Rate, ranking fourth in both stats among that same group of quarterbacks.
- Dolphins, Matt Breida yet to engage in contract extension talks July 10th, 2020
- Chiefs re-sign Matt Moore to one-year deal July 10th, 2020
- Broncos' Justin Simmons expected to sign franchise tender this weekend July 10th, 2020
- Condotta: Seattle's Shaquem Griffin considered 'one of the more intriguing bubble players' July 9th, 2020
- Jaguars sign second round pick Laviska Shenault to 4-year contract July 9th, 2020
- Browns sign Jedrick Wills to 4-year deal July 9th, 2020
- Lions sign second round pick D'Andre Swift to 4-year deal July 4th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson (ankle) still recovering June 17th, 2020
- Kerryon Johnson to remain a part of Lions' backfield rotation June 14th, 2020
- Lions' D'Andre Swift to be part of a 'package' June 14th, 2020
- Marvin Jones working with younger Lions June 5th, 2020
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020