Alshon Jeffery reportedly actively shopped by Eagles last season
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery was actively shopped around in trade offers last season, reports Jeff McLane of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Eagles general manager Howie Roseman guaranteed Jeffery's $15.4 million salary just before the start of last season. He apparently had buyer's remorse, because McLane reports Roseman started offering Jeffery in deals only a month later. The veteran receiver turned 30 in February and is coming off Lisfranc surgery following another injury-plagued campaign, so he's not a very appealing trade option. Look for the Eagles to address the wide receiver position in the draft.
Jeffery averaged 11.2 FanDuel points (WR33), 7.3 targets, 4.3 catches, and 49.0 yards per game with 4 touchdowns last season. His 6.7 yards per target were the second-fewest of his career and ranked 69th among 80 receivers with at least 50 targets last season. Jeffery also finished below league average at his position in Reception Net Expected Points per target.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Devonta Freeman willing to skip 2020 season May 22nd, 2020
- Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to one-year deal May 22nd, 2020
- Eagles reportedly also eyeing Devonta Freeman May 22nd, 2020
- Eagles' Miles Sanders could receive 15-18 touches per game May 21st, 2020
- Jalen Hurts pegged as Eagles' QB3 May 19th, 2020
- Andre Dillard taking over as Eagles' left tackle May 19th, 2020