Panthers have had internal talks over Christian McCaffrey's contract
In a recent conference call, Carolina Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said the team has had internal talks regarding running back Christian McCaffrey's contract.
The eighth overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, McCaffrey's contract carries through the 2021 season if the Panthers exercise their fifth-year team option. It wouldn't be surprising to see the Panthers lock down their stud running back before then.
McCaffrey has been a near-literal every-down running back for the Panthers over the past two seasons, amassing an incredible 4,357 scrimmage yards in that span (the most by a substantial margin). The 23-year-old has managed to stay injury-free in his three seasons and offers elite versatility out of the backfield. Expect the Panthers to sign McCaffrey to a massive deal at some point over the next two seasons.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Panthers get defensive tackle Derrick Brown signed May 11th, 2020
- Panthers waive running back Marcus Murphy May 4th, 2020
- Panthers were open to trading out of Derrick Brown pick May 4th, 2020
- Panthers reportedly make pact with Michael Schofield April 30th, 2020
- Panthers trade up, select safety Jeremy Chinn at No. 64 April 24th, 2020
- Panthers select defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos with the 38th overall pick April 24th, 2020