Matt Breida may be moved out of San Francisco
San Francisco 49ers running back Matt Breida may not be on the roster by the start of the season, writes Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area.
The 49ers extended a second-round tender to Breida last month, but Maiocco is "sure the 49ers would be willing to trade his rights" for a pick in a later round. He also mentions Tevin Coleman as a possible cut candidate if the 49ers are in a financial bind, but Maiocco is under the impression that Breida will be the odd man out of the crowded backfield. The 25-year-old back started last season with a pair of 100-yard performances over the 49ers' first four games, but his role evaporated down the stretch. San Francisco is currently set to open 2020 with a backfield consisting of Breida, Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman, Jerick McKinnon, and Jeff Wilson.
Breida averaged 7.82 FanDuel points (RB48) and 57.2 yards from scrimmage with 2 touchdowns over 13 games last season. He was just below league average in added Net Expected Points per rush (-0.03) and success rate (40.24), finishing behind Wilson (0.14, 51.9) and Mostert (0.14, 43.1) in both categories.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Dolphins in "no hurry" to trade Josh Rosen May 20th, 2020
- Preston Williams (ACL) reportedly on track, Dolphins hopeful for Week 1 May 19th, 2020
- Dolphins waive running back De'Lance Turner May 17th, 2020
- Dolphins get defensive tackle Raekwon Davis under contract May 11th, 2020
- Dolphins sign quarterback Tua Tagovailoa May 11th, 2020
- Dolphins restructure Albert Wilson deal May 5th, 2020