Sammy Watkins continuing career with Chiefs
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins restructured his contract.
Terez A. Paylor of Yahoo Sports says it's a 1-year deal that will pay Watkins a base of $9 million for 2020 and can reach $16 million with incentives. The move clears up $5 million for the Super Bowl champs. Watkins had more yards in all three of the Chiefs' playoff games than he did at any points from Weeks 2-17. He figures to retain his starting job in the slot, putting a ceiling on Mecole Hardman's outlook. Watkins turns 27 this summer.
Watkins averaged 8.65 FanDuel points during the regular season, finishing outside the top-50 at his position. After the opener, he failed to find the end zone or reach 70 yards in any non-playoff game. Watkins also recorded a career-low 7.5 yards per target, down from 9.4 the previous season.
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020
- Jets' Joe Flacco (neck) not ready for Week 1's regular season opener May 26th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- D.J. Chark to continue working out of Jaguars' slot May 26th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell to play more slot snaps May 26th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs to talk extension this summer May 22nd, 2020
- Mecole Hardman may be moved off Chiefs' return duties May 20th, 2020
- Chiefs say Clyde Edwards-Helaire has special skills May 20th, 2020
- Chiefs sign quarterback Shea Patterson May 3rd, 2020
- Chiefs reportedly sign defensive end Taco Charlton to one-year deal May 2nd, 2020
- Damien Williams, Clyde Edwards-Helaire give Chiefs '1-2 punch' May 1st, 2020