Patriots' Jarrett Stidham on 'inside track' for starting job
New England Patriots quarterback Jarrett Stidham "appears to have the inside track on the Patriots' starting job," writes Jeff Howe of The Athletic.
Howe acknowledges that things could change, but Brian Hoyer and Cody Kessler are the only other quarterbacks on the roster and the Patriots reportedly aren't interested in any of the remaining free agents. It's also unlikely that they select a Week 1 starter in the draft, setting Stidham up as the favorite. He was taken 133rd overall last year and attempted just 4 passes in the regular season as a rookie.
Stidham completed 61-of-91 passes (67.0 percent) for 731 yards (8.0 per attempt) with 4 touchdowns and 1 interception last preseason. He had the sixth-highest overall passing grade (72.2) and second-best adjusted completion percentage (84.1) on Pro Football Focus among the 20 quarterbacks with at least 68 preseason dropbacks.
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020
- Jets' Joe Flacco (neck) not ready for Week 1's regular season opener May 26th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- D.J. Chark to continue working out of Jaguars' slot May 26th, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell to play more slot snaps May 26th, 2020
- Dolphins reportedly believe Tua Tagovailoa could see rookie snaps May 26th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Jeff Thomas has 'best chance' among Patriots' UDFA wideouts May 22nd, 2020
- Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023 May 20th, 2020
- Patriots tackle Yodny Cajuste "healthy and good to go" May 17th, 2020
- Patriots sought assurance before Devin Asiasi trade up May 13th, 2020