Cowboys resume contract talks with Dak Prescott
The Dallas Cowboys have resumed contract negotiations with quarterback Dak Prescott, according to ESPN's Ed Werder.
Nine days ago, the Cowboys placed the exclusive rights franchise tag on Prescott, guaranteeing he will play for Dallas this upcoming season. Now they are tasked with signing him to a multi-year deal that will keep him there. The former 4th round draft pick is expected to earn more than $30 million annually under any new contract he signs.
The 26-year-old captained a Cowboys offense that ranked 5th overall last season, according to Pro Football Focus. Prescott's PFF passing grade of 76.6 ranked 13th among quarterbacks, and he set career-highs in touchdowns (30), and yards per attempt (8.2).
- Vikings re-sign Dakota Dozier to one-year, $1 million deal March 27th, 2020
- Eagles exercise 2021 option on Zach Ertz March 27th, 2020
- Buccaneers looking to add 'pass-catching back' March 27th, 2020
- Reggie Ragland reportedly joining Lions March 27th, 2020
- Michael Brockers' deal with Ravens falls through, returning to Rams March 27th, 2020
- Giants reportedly add defensive tackle Austin Johnson March 26th, 2020
- Greg Zuerlein joins Cowboys on three-year deal March 27th, 2020
- Cowboys resume contract talks with Dak Prescott March 25th, 2020
- Cowboys pick up Blake Bell March 25th, 2020
- Dontari Poe reportedly agrees to deal with Dallas March 25th, 2020
- Cowboys center Travis Frederick retires March 23rd, 2020
- Dontari Poe, Dallas reportedly 'closing in on deal' March 23rd, 2020