Peyton Barber reportedly signing with Washington for 2 years
The Washington Redskins and running back Peyton Barber, formerly of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, have agreed to terms on a 2-year deal, per Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.
The deal is worth $3 million with $600,000 guaranteed, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Barber will provide some depth behind injury-prone Derrius Guice and 35-year-old Adrian Peterson, but he's proven to be incredibly inefficient through four NFL seasons, failing to ever reach 4.5 yards per touch. His career-low 3.4 yards per touch last season was dead last among the 59 players to average 6.25 touches per game.
Barber averaged 6.8 FanDuel points and 36.6 yards from scrimmage on 10.6 touches a game with 7 touchdowns last season. Among the 30 running backs with at least 150 carries, Barber's 33.1 success rate was second-worst. Fellow backfield mate, Ronald Jones, had a 39.0 success rate.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Jets willing to listen to calls for Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Redskins receiver Cody Latimer taken into custody May 17th, 2020
- Washington's Antonio Gibson draws Christian McCaffrey comparison May 5th, 2020
- Jaguars, Chris Thompson agree to one-year deal May 1st, 2020
- Washington declines Reuben Foster 2021 option April 30th, 2020
- Washington signing Cam Newton 'depends on circumstances' April 30th, 2020
- Dwayne Haskins showed Washington enough to remain starter April 30th, 2020