Gerald McCoy joins Cowboys on three-year contract
Free agent defensive tackle Gerald McCoy has agreed to a three-year deal with the Dallas Cowboys.
McCoy is joining his third NFL team, as he spent just one season in Carolina after a nine-year stint clogging up the middle in Tampa Bay. The 32-year-old started all 16 games for the Panthers in 2019, though his five sacks were his fewest since 2012. He also racked up 24 tackles and 2 pass defenses.
According to Pro Football Focus, McCoy ranked as the No. 26 defensive tackle in the league with a 72.0 overall grade. He excelled against the run, placing 13th with a 77.1 run defense grade.
- James Robinson expected to lead Jaguars' backfield in snaps June 18th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021
- Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract March 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020