Vernon Butler, Buffalo agree to two-year, $16 million deal
The Buffalo Bills have made an addition to their defensive front, signing tackle Vernon Butler to a two-year deal worth $16 million.
Butler shined in his final year in Carolina in terms of raw stats, starting nine games - his first starts as a pro - and finishing with career-highs in tackles (29), sacks (6) and forced fumbles (3). Just 25 years old, he was able to immediately cash in on a strong season and join the presumed favorites to win the AFC East in 2020.
A deeper dive into Butler's stats show he struggled a bit more than most might think. Per Pro Football Focus, he ranked as the No. 95 defensive tackle of 121 with at least 20% of snaps played, finishing with an overall grade of 59.0. He was even worse against the run, placing 98th with a 57.3 rush defense grade.
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Bills' defensive tackle Ed Oliver arrested on DWI charges May 17th, 2020
- A.J. Epenesa signs rookie deal with Bills May 13th, 2020
- Bills sign wide receiver Isaiah Hodgins to rookie deal May 11th, 2020
- Bills sign wide receiver Gabriel Davis to rookie contract May 11th, 2020
- Bills' season comes down to quarterback Josh Allen May 3rd, 2020
- Trent Murphy may not make Bills' final roster April 29th, 2020