Patriots place Stephen Gostkowski on injured reserve
The New England Patriots placed kicker Stephen Gostkowski on season-ending injured reserve.
The Patriots didn't provide details on the injury, but a report from ESPN said Gostkowski suffered a left hip injury. That could explain why he struggled on extra points over the first four games. The 35-year-old veteran has attempted every kick for the Patriots since the start of the 2011 season. It's not clear who will take over for New England in Sunday's Week 5 matchup against Washington Redskins.
Gostkowski made 11-of-15 extra points (73.3 percent) and 7-of-8 field goals (87.5 percent) this season.
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill scores 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship victory against Tennessee January 19th, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Patriots' Tom Brady intends to return in 2020 January 9th, 2020
- Patriots in 'wait and see' mode with Tom Brady January 3rd, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee, shoulder) questionable for Patriots on Saturday January 2nd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman feels better than 'last few weeks' January 2nd, 2020
- Tom Brady held to 221 yards Sunday in Patriots' loss December 30th, 2019