Lions pick up J.D. McKissic from Seahawks
The Detroit Lions claimed running back J.D. McKissic off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks.
McKissic is a pass-catching back that is theoretically capable of taking over for Theo Riddick, but he's struggled with injuries, appearing in just 19 games since entering the league as an undrafted free agent in 2016. McKissic and new Lions offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell spent time together in Seattle, so there's some familiarity here. The addition of McKissic will likely lead to less passing-game work for Kerryon Johnson.
McKissic has rushed 50 times for 197 yards (3.9 yards per carry) and 1 touchdown over 19 games. He's also caught 36 passes on 49 targets for 282 yards (7.8 yards per catch) and 2 touchdowns.
- Arizona's Kyler Murray accounts for 3 touchdowns and 217 yards in Week 11 November 17th, 2019
- Ravens' Mark Andrews hauls in 4 receptions and a score in Week 11's win over the Texans November 17th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo flames Arizona for 424 yards and 4 scores in Week 11 November 17th, 2019
- Minnesota's Stefon Diggs accumulates 121 yards in Week 11's comeback victory over Denver November 17th, 2019
- Chicago's David Montgomery (ankle) will play in Week 11's game against the Rams November 17th, 2019
- Rams' Robert Woods (personal) inactive for Sunday night's matchup against Chicago November 17th, 2019
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (back) could miss up to six weeks November 17th, 2019
- Detroit's Ty Johnson clears concussion protocol on Saturday November 16th, 2019
- Matthew Stafford (back) ruled out for Lions second straight week November 15th, 2019
- Lions' Ty Johnson (concussion) resumes practice Thursday November 14th, 2019
- Lions' Ty Johnson still in concussion protocol November 13th, 2019
- Matthew Stafford (back) not practicing for Lions on Wednesday November 13th, 2019