Cody Kessler waived by Eagles, Josh McCown to be backup quarterback
The Philadelphia Eagles waived quarterback Cody Kessler.
Kessler lost out to Josh McCown for backup quarterback duties. Kessler suffered a concussion earlier in training camp and never had a chance to move up the depth chart. He is likely to find a home somewhere this season as a reserve signal-caller.
Kessler threw for 709 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions on 131 attempts last season with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield July 13th, 2021
- N'Keal Harry requests trade from Patriots July 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Mac Jones forcing 'real competition' with Cam Newton June 21st, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021