Case Keenum reportedly the 'front-runner' to start for Washington
Washington Redskins quarterback Case Keenum is the "front-runner" to be the team's starting quarterback to begin the 2019 season, per Rick Snider of the Washington Post.
No real surprise here as Keenum's most significant competition will come from rookie Dwayne Haskins with Colt McCoy serving as the third-string option. If Haskins has a strong run the rest of the preseason, or Keenum starts the season off poorly, the veteran could be replaced early in the regular season.
numberFire's models project Keenum as the QB31 in fantasy with 1,741.9 passing yards, 10.9 touchdowns, and 7.7 interceptions on 270.6 passing attempts this season.
- Patriots remove Julian Edelman (thumb) from NFI list August 19th, 2019
- Derrick Henry (calf) back at Titans practice Monday August 19th, 2019
- Colts' D'Onta Foreman sent to IR with torn biceps August 19th, 2019
- Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) will play on Monday for Denver August 19th, 2019
- Seahawks' DK Metcalf needs minor knee surgery August 19th, 2019
- Ryan Fitzpatrick not locked in as Dolphins' Week 1 starter August 19th, 2019
- Derrius Guice expected to play in Washington's next preseason game August 19th, 2019
- Washington's Case Keenum reportedly on track to start in Week 1 of the regular season August 18th, 2019
- Case Keenum reportedly the 'front-runner' to start for Washington August 13th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice reportedly still not cleared to play in games August 13th, 2019
- Washington's Terry McLaurin 'showered with praise' in camp August 7th, 2019
- Washington's Jordan Reed feeling 'stronger' and 'more explosive' July 31st, 2019