Giants won't rule out Daniel Jones starting in Week 1
New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur would not rule out rookie quarterback Daniel Jones starting in Week 1.
When asked if there was a scenario that Jones could start the season opener, Shurmur told reporters " You never know what is going to happen." While it appears to be a longshot for Eli Manning not to be under center in Week 1, the coaching staff's confidence in Jones is promising for the sixth-overall pick to see a good amount of starts in his rookie season.
Our models project Jones for just 398.6 yards, 2.3 touchdowns, and 1.7 interceptions on 57.9 pass attempts in 2019.
- Cardinals sign receiver Dylan Cantrell June 1st, 2020
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs suffers punctured thigh June 1st, 2020
- Pats' Dante Scarnecchia to stay retired June 1st, 2020
- Raiders' Clelin Ferrell bulking up June 1st, 2020
- Marlon Mack may open as Colts' starter June 1st, 2020
- Washington's Terry McLaurin receives Ron Rivera's praise June 1st, 2020
- Falcons sign linebacker Deone Bucannon to contract May 21st, 2020
- Arrest warrants issued for Giants' DeAndre Baker and Seahawks' Quinton Dunbar May 14th, 2020
- Giants offense to be 'similarly based' to Jason Garrett's Cowboys May 13th, 2020
- Giants get linebacker Tae Crowder under contract May 11th, 2020
- Jabrill Peppers' option picked up by Giants April 30th, 2020
- Giants exercise Evan Engram's fifth-year April 30th, 2020