Giants won't rule out Daniel Jones starting in Week 1
New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur would not rule out rookie quarterback Daniel Jones starting in Week 1.
When asked if there was a scenario that Jones could start the season opener, Shurmur told reporters " You never know what is going to happen." While it appears to be a longshot for Eli Manning not to be under center in Week 1, the coaching staff's confidence in Jones is promising for the sixth-overall pick to see a good amount of starts in his rookie season.
Our models project Jones for just 398.6 yards, 2.3 touchdowns, and 1.7 interceptions on 57.9 pass attempts in 2019.
- Chiefs believe Tyreek Hill could be suspended by the NFL next month June 24th, 2019
- Washington's Trey Quinn primed for inside slot role June 22nd, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon remains indefinitely suspended June 20th, 2019
- Packers pick up Michael Roberts June 18th, 2019
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Giants won't rule out Daniel Jones starting in Week 1 June 11th, 2019
- New York Giants take quarterback Daniel Jones sixth overall April 25th, 2019
- Giants intend to identify Eli Manning's successor March 26th, 2019
- Golden Tate, Giants agree to four-year deal March 14th, 2019
- Report: Giants committed to Eli Manning in 2019 March 14th, 2019
- Giants ship Odell Beckham Jr. to Cleveland March 12th, 2019