Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield
Indianapolis Colts running back Marlon Mack is "a little bit more the featured guy" in the backfield, head coach Frank Reich said.
“I mean, you saw that, when he’s healthy," Reich elaborated. "Nyheim [Hines] and Jordan [Wilkins] are still going to get their plays and take some of the load off ... but with emphasis on Marlon being the No. 1 guy.” Colts general manager added that the team believes Mack can "carry the load" and be a three-down back. After returning from injury in Week 6 last season, Mack racked up 1,068 yards and 10 touchdowns on 218 carries across 13 games, including the playoffs, with five 100-yard games in that span.
Mack finished the regular season with 908 yards and 9 touchdowns on 195 carries and 17 receptions (26 targets) for 103 yards and 1 touchdown in 12 games.
- Packers pick up Michael Roberts June 18th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette expects to have a role in 2019 passing game June 15th, 2019
- Rams will extend Jared Goff, coach says June 13th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts June 13th, 2019
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Justin Houston signs with Colts for 2 years, $24 million March 21st, 2019
- Colts keep corner Pierre Desir on three-year deal March 13th, 2019
- Colts and Devin Funchess agree on a one-year deal March 11th, 2019
- Adam Vinatieri would return if Colts want him January 14th, 2019