Alex Okafor, Chiefs agree on 3-year deal
The Kansas City Chiefs signed defensive lineman Alex Okafor, formerly of the New Orleans Saints, to a three-year contract.
The deal is reportedly worth between $18-24 million, depending on incentives. Okafor will help Kansas City replace Dee Ford, who was traded to the San Francisco 49ers earlier this week. He started all 16 games for the Saints last season after missing the final six games of 2017 with a torn Achilles. The 28-year-old recorded 9 sacks in 26 games during his two seasons in New Orleans.
Okafor finished 2018 with 35 tackles (25 solo), 4 sacks, and 1 pass deflection.
- Rams match Lions, re-sign Malcolm Brown March 22nd, 2019
- Justin Houston signs with Colts for 2 years, $24 million March 21st, 2019
- Texans to sign quarterback A.J. McCarron March 20th, 2019
- Clay Matthews joins the Rams March 20th, 2019
- Vontaze Burfict signs with the Raiders March 20th, 2019
- Randall Cobb signs with Cowboys for 1-year, $5 million March 19th, 2019
- Teddy Bridgewater officially re-signs with Saints over Dolphins March 15th, 2019
- Drew Brees, Saints restructure to open up $10.8 million March 14th, 2019
- Dolphins making another push to sign Teddy Bridgewater March 13th, 2019
- Saints lock Wil Lutz up for 5 years March 13th, 2019
- Saints reportedly add Latavius Murray to backfield March 12th, 2019
- Teddy Bridgewater reportedly rejects Dolphins, staying in New Orleans March 12th, 2019