Alex Okafor, Chiefs agree on 3-year deal
The Kansas City Chiefs signed defensive lineman Alex Okafor, formerly of the New Orleans Saints, to a three-year contract.
The deal is reportedly worth between $18-24 million, depending on incentives. Okafor will help Kansas City replace Dee Ford, who was traded to the San Francisco 49ers earlier this week. He started all 16 games for the Saints last season after missing the final six games of 2017 with a torn Achilles. The 28-year-old recorded 9 sacks in 26 games during his two seasons in New Orleans.
Okafor finished 2018 with 35 tackles (25 solo), 4 sacks, and 1 pass deflection.
- Packers pick up Michael Roberts June 18th, 2019
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette expects to have a role in 2019 passing game June 15th, 2019
- Rams will extend Jared Goff, coach says June 13th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Travis Kelce (ankle) expects to be at full strength by Chiefs camp June 13th, 2019
- Chiefs insist Damien Williams is the team's starting running back May 31st, 2019
- Colts sign Spencer Ware April 30th, 2019
- Jamaal Charles retiring after 11 seasons April 30th, 2019
- Chiefs acquire Frank Clark from Seattle for picks April 23rd, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019