Adrian Peterson returning to Washington on 2-year deal
The Washington Redskins re-signed running back Adrian Peterson to a 2-year contract.
Peterson was picked up by Washington late last August after second-round pick Derrius Guice blew out his knee in the preseason opener. He wound up starting all 16 games and clearing 1,000 yards on the ground for the first time since 2015. Turning 34 next week, Peterson will likely open 2019 as Washington's starter as Guice continues to work his way back to full health.
Peterson ran 251 times for 1,042 yards and 7 touchdowns last season, adding 208 yards and a touchdown on 20 receptions (26 targets).
- Buffalo's John Brown projected for 6.8 targets in Week 3 September 21st, 2019
- Panthers' D.J. Moore projected for 8.2 targets in Week 3 September 21st, 2019
- Steelers' Mason Rudolph projected to throw for 286 yards Sunday in first NFL start September 21st, 2019
- Browns linebacker Christian Kirksey placed on IR September 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers' Peyton Barber ranked as Week 3's RB19 September 21st, 2019
- Ravens' Marquise Brown projected for 8.3 targets in Week 3 September 21st, 2019
- Redskins' Jordan Reed (concussion) still out of practice Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Redskins place Derrius Guice (knee) on the Injured Reserve September 13th, 2019
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) will not play in Week 2's matchup against Dallas September 13th, 2019
- Jordan Reed may play for Washington Week 2 September 12th, 2019
- Derrius Guice reportedly undergoes knee surgery, out indefinitely for Washington September 12th, 2019
- Adrian Peterson named Washington's Week 2 starter September 11th, 2019