Kerem Kanter will transfer to Xavier if not drafted
Former Green Bay Phoenix junior forward Kerem Kanter will transfer to the Xavier Musketeers in the fall if he does not decide to stay in the 2017 NBA Draft, per Jeff Goodman of ESPN.
Kanter -- the younger brother of the Oklahoma City Thunder's Enes -- submitted his name for the NBA draft but has until May 24 to withdraw his name. If he does so, he will be eligible to immediately play at Xavier as he is graduating this spring and will be a graduate student in the fall.
Kanter averaged 11.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 0.6 blocks in only 19.1 minutes per game last season.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Xavier earns one-seed in NCAA Tournament for first time in program history March 11th, 2018
- Trevon Bluiett returning to Xavier for his senior season May 23rd, 2017
- Kerem Kanter will transfer to Xavier if not drafted April 11th, 2017
- Xavier's Trevon Bluiett arrested for marijuana possession April 10th, 2017
- Trevon Bluiett exploring his NBA options after junior year at Xavier March 31st, 2017
- Xavier's Edmond Sumner declares himself eligible for NBA Draft March 28th, 2017