Virginia's second leading scorer Marial Shayok will transfer
Virginia Cavaliers junior guard Marial Shayok is transferring from the school, per ESPN.
Shayok is the third player to announce they are leaving school, joining sophomore Jarred Reuter and senior Darius Thompson. Shayok and Reuter will need to sit out a year before being eligible to play in 2018-19. Thompson will become a graduate student and is able to enroll and play somewhere else in the fall.
Shayok averaged 8.9 points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game.
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Michigan edges Florida State to earn a trip to the Final Four March 25th, 2018
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- 16-seed UMBC makes history in defeat of 1-seed Virginia March 17th, 2018
- University of Virginia earns top overall seed in NCAA Tournament March 11th, 2018
- Virginia beats North Carolina to win ACC title on Saturday March 11th, 2018
- Marial Shayok will play for Iowa State after spending three years with Virginia April 20th, 2017
- Virginia's second leading scorer Marial Shayok will transfer March 23rd, 2017