Clint Capela re-signs with Houston for five-years, $90M
The Houston Rockets and center Clint Capela have reached an agreement on a five-year, $90 million deal, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
As expected, the Rockets retain the services of the restricted free agent and at a fair price as well. The 24-year-old big man will make $18M per season, virtually the same amount the Chicago Bulls paid Zach LaVine and Jabari Parker. Capela will be entering his fifth year in the NBA and is a crucial piece of the Houston team that finished with the NBA's best record in 2017-18.
Capela enjoyed a mini-breakout season, averaging 13.9 points, 10.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game for the Rockets last season.
- Jimmy Butler has reportedly requested a trade from the Timberwolves September 19th, 2018
- Dion Waiters (foot) will likely miss Heat season opener September 18th, 2018
- Knicks won't rule out sitting Kristaps Porzingis (knee) the entire season September 17th, 2018
- Luol Deng agrees to one-year, $2.4 million contract with Timberwolves September 10th, 2018
- Suns' Devin Booker has hand surgery, will miss six weeks September 10th, 2018
- Tyrone Wallace agrees to offer sheet with Pelicans September 3rd, 2018
- Marquese Chriss reportedly moved from Suns to Rockets August 31st, 2018
- De'Anthony Melton joins Suns' backcourt in reported trade with Houston August 31st, 2018
- Brandon Knight reportedly traded to Rockets from Suns August 31st, 2018
- Suns reportedly get Ryan Anderson, De'Anthony Melton from Rockets for Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss August 31st, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony verbally agrees to sign with Houston August 7th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony finalizes buyout with Hawks July 30th, 2018