Clint Capela re-signs with Houston for five-years, $90M
The Houston Rockets and center Clint Capela have reached an agreement on a five-year, $90 million deal, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
As expected, the Rockets retain the services of the restricted free agent and at a fair price as well. The 24-year-old big man will make $18M per season, virtually the same amount the Chicago Bulls paid Zach LaVine and Jabari Parker. Capela will be entering his fifth year in the NBA and is a crucial piece of the Houston team that finished with the NBA's best record in 2017-18.
Capela enjoyed a mini-breakout season, averaging 13.9 points, 10.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game for the Rockets last season.
- DeMarcus Cousins expected to play for Warriors in Finals May 23rd, 2019
- Warriors' Kevin Durant (calf) unlikely to be ready for start of Finals May 23rd, 2019
- Toronto's OG Anunoby (appendectomy) not cleared for contact May 22nd, 2019
- Kawhi Leonard, Raptors even series with Bucks May 22nd, 2019
- Damian Lillard scores 28 with 12 dimes, Trail Blazers swept May 21st, 2019
- Steph Curry's 37-point triple-double leads Warriors to 5th straight Finals May 21st, 2019
- Houston's Kenneth Faried (personal) active on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Houston's Kenneth Faried (personal) will not play on Wednesday May 8th, 2019
- James Harden nets 38 as Rockets tie things up May 7th, 2019
- James Harden scores 41, Rockets win Game 3 in overtime May 5th, 2019
- Houston's James Harden (eye) 'good to go' for Saturday's matchup against the Warriors May 4th, 2019
- James Harden plays through eye injury in Rockets' Game 2 loss May 1st, 2019