Jrue Holiday shut down in Pelicans' Game 1
New Orleans Pelicans point guard Jrue Holiday made 4-of-14 from the field for 11 points with three rebounds, four assists, and one 3-pointer in 31 minutes against the Golden State Warriors on Saturday.
Holiday could not get free or slash in the paint for layups. He'll also have yet another tough task on defense with Steph Curry reportedly coming back for Game 2, but this time the Pelicans can't just trap ball-handlers like they did a lot against Portland in the last series. Holiday won't be this bad, but it would be stunning to see him come close to matching his production from the previous series.
Holiday put up a meager 20.6 FanDuel points on a salary of $8,300 on Saturday.
- Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) will miss four-to-six weeks September 24th, 2018
- Heat's James Johnson (hernia) may miss start of regular season September 24th, 2018
- Timberwolves reportedly intend to keep Jimmy Butler September 21st, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) fully cleared to resume all basketball activities September 20th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler has reportedly requested a trade from the Timberwolves September 19th, 2018
- Dion Waiters (foot) will likely miss Heat season opener September 18th, 2018
- Tyrone Wallace agrees to offer sheet with Pelicans September 3rd, 2018
- Ian Clark re-signs with Pelicans on a one-year deal July 6th, 2018
- Julius Randle signs two-year deal with Pelicans July 2nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton reaches one-year deal with Pelicans July 2nd, 2018
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Pelicans, Alvin Gentry agree to two-year extension June 7th, 2018