Bulls trading Nikola Mirotic to Pelicans in exchange for three players, first-round pick
The Chicago Bulls have traded forward Nikola Mirotic to the New Orleans Pelicans, according to The Vertical's Shams Charania.
It looks like it's now official. Mirotic will join New Orleans and likely start at power forward beside Anthony Davis. The Pelicans are sending Omer Asik, Tony Allen, Jameer Nelson and a 2018 first-round pick with "minimal protections" to Chicago. Meanwhile, they'll get back a second-round pick, opening up a spot to sign Greg Monroe, who they are expected to pursue off waivers. The Bulls will reportedly consider waiving both Allen and Nelson.
Our models project Mirotic to average 17 points, 7.1 rebounds and 0.9 threes over 31.2 minutes and 26 games the rest of the year.
- Anfernee Simons playing with Trail Blazers' second unit on Sunday January 26th, 2020
- Portland's C.J. McCollum (ankle) starting on Sunday, Anfernee Simons to bench January 26th, 2020
- Boston's Enes Kanter (hip) ruled out for Tuesday's matchup against Miami January 26th, 2020
- Sacramento's Marvin Bagley (foot) remains out on Monday January 26th, 2020
- Danilo Gallinari (thumb) not listed on Oklahoma City's injury report for Monday's game against Dallas January 26th, 2020
- Indiana's JaKarr Sampson (ankle) starting for inactive Myles Turner on Sunday January 26th, 2020
- Robin Lopez (illness) ruled out for Bucks on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Robin Lopez (illness) doubtful on Monday January 19th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Robin Lopez (illness) ruled out on Saturday January 18th, 2020
- Giannis Antetokounmpo drops 32 points, 17 boards as Bucks beat Boston January 17th, 2020
- Bucks' Sterling Brown has 11 points, 12 rebounds Friday January 11th, 2020
- Bucks' Ersan Ilyasova (knee) ruled out on Friday January 10th, 2020