Cavaliers targeting Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis
The Cleveland Cavaliers have made New York Knicks forward Kristaps Porzingis a "primary target", according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
As Cleveland looks to unload a disgruntled Kyrie Irving, the Knicks have emerged as a possible destination. However, it appears that the Cavaliers are more interested in bringing on Porzingis than they are Carmelo Anthony. After all, the 22-year-old is set to make just $4.5 million compared to Anthony's $26.2 salary for 2017-18.
With averages of 18.1 points and 7.2 rebounds per game, Porzingis' 0.3 nERD ranked third on the Knicks and was much better than Anthony's mark of -0.7. On the other hand, it is far worse than Irving's 8.2 nERD this past season.
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford declines player option for 2018-19 season June 18th, 2018
- Rudy Gay opts out of his contract with San Antonio June 18th, 2018
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Knicks' Ron Baker exercises player option for 2018-19 season May 31st, 2018
- Knicks reportedly agree to 4-year deal with David Fizdale to become new head coach May 3rd, 2018
- Knicks' Kyle O'Quinn undecided on 2018 player option April 19th, 2018
- Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis (knee) could miss 2018-19 season April 19th, 2018
- Knicks fire head coach Jeff Hornacek April 12th, 2018
- Courtney Lee (ankle) is out Wednesday in New York April 11th, 2018