Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18
Detroit Pistons center Boban Marjanovic is expected to see expanded minutes in the 2017-18 season, according to head coach Stan Van Gundy.
Speaking to the media on Friday, Van Gundy said that he envisions Marjanovic and Jon Leuer as a "two-headed monster" behind starting center Andre Drummond. While Leuer is expected to play most of his minutes from the four spot, Marjanovic will stay in the lineup for longer periods of time, as Van Gundy vows to leave him compete against smaller lineups.
With Aron Baynes gone, Marjanovic should exceed 293 minutes and the 8.4 per game he averaged a year ago. In that limited time, the 7'3" Serbian put together a 2.4 nERD, which ranked 40th of 119 center-eligible players in numberFire's database.
- Pacers' Victor Oladipo (knee) stretchered off the court Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Damian Lillard (hand) is questionable to play Thursday for Portland January 23rd, 2019
- Grizzlies' Marc Gasol (back) officially starting on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Joel Embiid (back) cleared for 76ers Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Minnesota's Tyus Jones (ankle) inactive on Thursday January 23rd, 2019
- Jeff Teague (foot) questionable for Timberwolves on Thursday January 23rd, 2019
- Marcin Gortat back in the Clippers' starting lineup versus the Heat January 23rd, 2019
- Montrezl Harrell playing with Clippers' second unit on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Danilo Gallinari (back) still sidelined for Clippers Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Lou Williams (hamstring) will play, but have a minutes limit Tuesday for Los Angeles January 22nd, 2019
- Lou Williams (hamstring) questionable on Tuesday for Los Angeles January 22nd, 2019
- Lou Williams (hamstring) probable for Clippers Tuesday January 22nd, 2019