Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18
Detroit Pistons center Boban Marjanovic is expected to see expanded minutes in the 2017-18 season, according to head coach Stan Van Gundy.
Speaking to the media on Friday, Van Gundy said that he envisions Marjanovic and Jon Leuer as a "two-headed monster" behind starting center Andre Drummond. While Leuer is expected to play most of his minutes from the four spot, Marjanovic will stay in the lineup for longer periods of time, as Van Gundy vows to leave him compete against smaller lineups.
With Aron Baynes gone, Marjanovic should exceed 293 minutes and the 8.4 per game he averaged a year ago. In that limited time, the 7'3" Serbian put together a 2.4 nERD, which ranked 40th of 119 center-eligible players in numberFire's database.
- Carmelo Anthony verbally agrees to sign with Houston August 7th, 2018
- 76ers' first round pick Zhaire Smith suffers foot fracture August 7th, 2018
- Greg Monroe signs one-year deal with Toronto August 6th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony finalizes buyout with Hawks July 30th, 2018
- Clint Capela re-signs with Houston for five-years, $90M July 27th, 2018
- Kevin Love reportedly signs 4-year, $120 million extension with Cavaliers July 24th, 2018
- Luc Mbah a Moute signs one-year deal with the Clippers July 9th, 2018
- Avery Bradley agrees to sign with Clippers on a two-year deal July 3rd, 2018
- Mike Scott agrees to one-year deal with Clippers July 2nd, 2018
- DeAndre Jordan signing a one-year deal with the Mavericks July 1st, 2018
- Warriors to explore chances of signing DeAndre Jordan June 30th, 2018
- Clippers' DeAndre Jordan to opt out of his contract June 29th, 2018