Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18
Detroit Pistons center Boban Marjanovic is expected to see expanded minutes in the 2017-18 season, according to head coach Stan Van Gundy.
Speaking to the media on Friday, Van Gundy said that he envisions Marjanovic and Jon Leuer as a "two-headed monster" behind starting center Andre Drummond. While Leuer is expected to play most of his minutes from the four spot, Marjanovic will stay in the lineup for longer periods of time, as Van Gundy vows to leave him compete against smaller lineups.
With Aron Baynes gone, Marjanovic should exceed 293 minutes and the 8.4 per game he averaged a year ago. In that limited time, the 7'3" Serbian put together a 2.4 nERD, which ranked 40th of 119 center-eligible players in numberFire's database.
- Dion Waiters (ankle) listed as inactive for the Heat's season opener October 15th, 2018
- Sixers' Ben Simmons (neck) returns to practice on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Warriors officially rule out DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) for Tuesday October 15th, 2018
- Lakers' Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (knee) looked "great" at practice on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Warriors' Shaun Livingston (foot) questionable to play on Tuesday October 15th, 2018
- Spurs' Rudy Gay (heel) was a full participant during Monday's practice October 15th, 2018
- Clippers to waive Alexis Ajinca (knee) after reported trade October 15th, 2018
- Pelicans reportedly acquire Wesley Johnson from Clippers for Alexis Ajinca (knee) October 15th, 2018
- Tyrone Wallace agrees to offer sheet with Pelicans September 3rd, 2018
- Luc Mbah a Moute signs one-year deal with the Clippers July 9th, 2018
- Avery Bradley agrees to sign with Clippers on a two-year deal July 3rd, 2018
- Mike Scott agrees to one-year deal with Clippers July 2nd, 2018