Rajon Rondo (thumb) to be re-evaluated for Chicago in 7-10 days
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo (thumb) is currently in a cast and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days, head coach Fred Hoiberg said.
Hoiberg claims it is "still too early to tell" if Rondo will be able to return this postseason. He added that the cast will help expedite the healing process of a pre-existing wrist injury that the veteran point guard has been playing through. Jimmy Butler will carry more of the load on offense while Jerian Grant replaces Rondo in the first unit. The rest of the point guard minutes will mostly go to Michael Carter-Williams.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests. His 19.6 usage percentage is up from 17.8 percent in the regular season.
- Clippers' Blake Griffin opts out to become free agent June 25th, 2017
- Chris Paul declines his player option with the Clippers June 25th, 2017
- Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki considering a two-year deal June 25th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Furkan Korkmaz likely to join team in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Timberwolves to keep Ricky Rubio June 23rd, 2017
- Mavericks yet to decide on Dirk Nowitzki's team option June 23rd, 2017
- Chicago selects Lauri Markkanen with the seventh pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Bulls trade Jimmy Butler to Minnesota June 22nd, 2017
- Bulls undecided on Rajon Rondo's team option for 2017-18 June 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Dwyane Wade to pick up $24 million player option June 20th, 2017
- Jimmy Butler at center of trade talks once again June 19th, 2017
- Bulls' Denzel Valentine (ankle) undergoes arthroscopic surgery May 17th, 2017