Rajon Rondo (thumb) to be re-evaluated for Chicago in 7-10 days
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo (thumb) is currently in a cast and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days, head coach Fred Hoiberg said.
Hoiberg claims it is "still too early to tell" if Rondo will be able to return this postseason. He added that the cast will help expedite the healing process of a pre-existing wrist injury that the veteran point guard has been playing through. Jimmy Butler will carry more of the load on offense while Jerian Grant replaces Rondo in the first unit. The rest of the point guard minutes will mostly go to Michael Carter-Williams.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests. His 19.6 usage percentage is up from 17.8 percent in the regular season.
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford declines player option for 2018-19 season June 18th, 2018
- Rudy Gay opts out of his contract with San Antonio June 18th, 2018
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball says he's 100 percent healthy June 12th, 2018
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Pelicans, Alvin Gentry agree to two-year extension June 7th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis voted All-NBA First Team for second straight season May 24th, 2018
- Gentry: 'We want' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) back on team in 2018 May 10th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis limited to paint points in Game 1 loss April 29th, 2018
- Jrue Holiday shut down in Pelicans' Game 1 April 29th, 2018