Rajon Rondo (thumb) to be re-evaluated for Chicago in 7-10 days
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo (thumb) is currently in a cast and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days, head coach Fred Hoiberg said.
Hoiberg claims it is "still too early to tell" if Rondo will be able to return this postseason. He added that the cast will help expedite the healing process of a pre-existing wrist injury that the veteran point guard has been playing through. Jimmy Butler will carry more of the load on offense while Jerian Grant replaces Rondo in the first unit. The rest of the point guard minutes will mostly go to Michael Carter-Williams.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests. His 19.6 usage percentage is up from 17.8 percent in the regular season.
- Devin Booker (hip, back) will play Saturday for Phoenix October 21st, 2017
- Raptors' Jonas Valanciunas sprains ankle, will not return on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Donovan Mitchell starting in place of Rodney Hood for Utah on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Nerlens Noel heads back to the bench as Dallas goes small against the Rockets October 21st, 2017
- Dorian Finney-Smith replacing Nerlens Noel in Mavs' starting lineup Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Yogi Ferrell is starting at point guard for Dallas on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Pelicans waiving Jordan Crawford October 21st, 2017
- Jameer Nelson agrees to deal with Pelicans October 21st, 2017
- Anthony Davis puts up big numbers in Pelicans' loss October 19th, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins swats seven in Pelicans' loss October 19th, 2017
- Dante Cunningham likely starting for New Orleans versus Grizzlies October 18th, 2017
- E'Twaun Moore expected to start for Pelicans in Wednesday's opener October 18th, 2017