Rajon Rondo (thumb) to be re-evaluated for Chicago in 7-10 days
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo (thumb) is currently in a cast and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days, head coach Fred Hoiberg said.
Hoiberg claims it is "still too early to tell" if Rondo will be able to return this postseason. He added that the cast will help expedite the healing process of a pre-existing wrist injury that the veteran point guard has been playing through. Jimmy Butler will carry more of the load on offense while Jerian Grant replaces Rondo in the first unit. The rest of the point guard minutes will mostly go to Michael Carter-Williams.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests. His 19.6 usage percentage is up from 17.8 percent in the regular season.
- Cavaliers targeting Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis August 15th, 2017
- Pistons willing to go into tax for Avery Bradley August 14th, 2017
- Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason August 11th, 2017
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18 August 11th, 2017
- Knicks pick up Kristaps Porzingis' 2018-19 team option August 11th, 2017
- Knicks ask Carmelo Anthony to expand "wish list" August 10th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp July 13th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo meeting with Pelicans July 13th, 2017
- Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo July 12th, 2017
- Bulls' Kris Dunn (personal) out for the remainder of Summer League July 10th, 2017
- Clippers, Milos Teodosic negotiating deal July 5th, 2017
- The Bulls waive Rajon Rondo on Friday June 30th, 2017