Rajon Rondo (thumb) to be re-evaluated for Chicago in 7-10 days
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo (thumb) is currently in a cast and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days, head coach Fred Hoiberg said.
Hoiberg claims it is "still too early to tell" if Rondo will be able to return this postseason. He added that the cast will help expedite the healing process of a pre-existing wrist injury that the veteran point guard has been playing through. Jimmy Butler will carry more of the load on offense while Jerian Grant replaces Rondo in the first unit. The rest of the point guard minutes will mostly go to Michael Carter-Williams.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests. His 19.6 usage percentage is up from 17.8 percent in the regular season.
- LeBron James secures Cavaliers victory with late clutch plays on both ends April 25th, 2018
- John Wall comes up just shy of triple-double in Wizards' loss April 25th, 2018
- Jose Calderon starting again for Cavaliers in Game 5 with George Hill out April 25th, 2018
- George Hill will miss Game 5 for Cavaliers on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Fred VanVleet (shoulder) out again for Raptors on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Tyus Jones (knee) heading towards game-time decision for Timberwolves in Game 5 April 25th, 2018
- Anthony Davis drops 47 points as Pelicans finish sweep of Trail Blazers April 21st, 2018
- Pelicans complete series sweep of Trail Blazers behind Jrue Holiday's 41 points April 21st, 2018
- Jrue Holiday unloads 33 points as Pelicans take 2-0 series lead over Blazers April 18th, 2018
- Nikola Mirotic stays hot with 24 points and 16 rebounds Monday for Pelicans April 10th, 2018
- Nikola Mirotic goes big for Pelicans in win at Golden State April 8th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis posts double-double in win over Golden State April 8th, 2018