Bulls lose Rajon Rondo (fractured thumb) indefinitely
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo has a fractured thumb that will sideline him indefinitely, the team announced on Friday morning.
"Rondo injured his right hand in Game 2 at Boston on Tuesday night. Rondo underwent a subsequent exam and x-rays that confirmed a thumb fracture. Surgery is not required for this injury, and he is out indefinitely," per the Bulls press release. It's a significant loss for a Bulls team that has been clicking on all cylinders so far in the playoffs. Jerian Grant figures to move into the starting lineup while Michael Carter-Williams sees more opportunity off Chicago's bench.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests.
- Pacers sign Trey McKinney-Jones to 10-day contract February 20th, 2018
- Magic sign Rashad Vaughn to 10-day contract February 20th, 2018
- Suns sign Shaquille Harrison to 10-day contract February 20th, 2018
- Suns waive Josh Gray February 20th, 2018
- Cavs' Kevin Love 'about a month' away from return February 20th, 2018
- Nets considering lineup, rotation changes following All-Star break February 20th, 2018
- Pelicans' Nikola Mirotic puts together full line off the bench on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Jrue Holiday scores 24 points with 11 assists, 4 steals in Pelicans' win February 15th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis piles up 42 points and 15 rebounds on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Rajon Rondo ejected from Pelicans' game on Wednesday after two technicals February 14th, 2018
- Update: Emeka Okafor will remain in Pelicans' starting lineup on Wednesday February 14th, 2018
- Update: Nikola Mirotic coming off Pelicans' bench again on Wednesday February 14th, 2018