Bulls lose Rajon Rondo (fractured thumb) indefinitely
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo has a fractured thumb that will sideline him indefinitely, the team announced on Friday morning.
"Rondo injured his right hand in Game 2 at Boston on Tuesday night. Rondo underwent a subsequent exam and x-rays that confirmed a thumb fracture. Surgery is not required for this injury, and he is out indefinitely," per the Bulls press release. It's a significant loss for a Bulls team that has been clicking on all cylinders so far in the playoffs. Jerian Grant figures to move into the starting lineup while Michael Carter-Williams sees more opportunity off Chicago's bench.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests.
- LeBron James secures Cavaliers victory with late clutch plays on both ends April 25th, 2018
- John Wall comes up just shy of triple-double in Wizards' loss April 25th, 2018
- Jose Calderon starting again for Cavaliers in Game 5 with George Hill out April 25th, 2018
- George Hill will miss Game 5 for Cavaliers on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Fred VanVleet (shoulder) out again for Raptors on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Tyus Jones (knee) heading towards game-time decision for Timberwolves in Game 5 April 25th, 2018
- Anthony Davis drops 47 points as Pelicans finish sweep of Trail Blazers April 21st, 2018
- Pelicans complete series sweep of Trail Blazers behind Jrue Holiday's 41 points April 21st, 2018
- Jrue Holiday unloads 33 points as Pelicans take 2-0 series lead over Blazers April 18th, 2018
- Nikola Mirotic stays hot with 24 points and 16 rebounds Monday for Pelicans April 10th, 2018
- Nikola Mirotic goes big for Pelicans in win at Golden State April 8th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis posts double-double in win over Golden State April 8th, 2018