Bulls lose Rajon Rondo (fractured thumb) indefinitely
Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo has a fractured thumb that will sideline him indefinitely, the team announced on Friday morning.
"Rondo injured his right hand in Game 2 at Boston on Tuesday night. Rondo underwent a subsequent exam and x-rays that confirmed a thumb fracture. Surgery is not required for this injury, and he is out indefinitely," per the Bulls press release. It's a significant loss for a Bulls team that has been clicking on all cylinders so far in the playoffs. Jerian Grant figures to move into the starting lineup while Michael Carter-Williams sees more opportunity off Chicago's bench.
Rondo is averaging 11.5 points, 10.0 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 3.5 steals over two postseason contests.
- Aaron Gordon (concussion) targeting Wednesday return for Magic December 11th, 2017
- Courtney Lee takes a seat in second half as Knicks go small in win December 11th, 2017
- Wesley Matthews scores 14 points as Mavericks lose third straight on Sunday December 11th, 2017
- Harrison Barnes scores 19 points, Mavericks lose to Timberwolves December 11th, 2017
- Doug McDermott scores season-high 23 as Knicks knock off Hawks December 11th, 2017
- Taurean Prince's strong game not enough Sunday as Hawks lose to Knicks December 11th, 2017
- Jameer Nelson (left ankle) ruled out again for Pelicans on Monday December 11th, 2017
- Anthony Davis (left adductor) questionable for Pelicans on Monday night December 11th, 2017
- E'Twaun Moore chips in 14 points in Pelicans' Sunday victory December 11th, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins scores 23 points on just 10 attempts Sunday for Pelicans December 11th, 2017
- Anthony Davis' full line helps Pelicans topple 76ers Sunday December 11th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo hands out 18 assists as Pelicans win on Sunday December 11th, 2017