Pelicans' Matt Ryan (calf) out 10-14 days
New Orleans Pelicans forward Matt Ryan is expected to miss 10-14 days with a mild right calf strain.
The Pelicans said Ryan sustained the strain during Saturday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Naji Marshall should see more minutes while Ryan is sidelined. Jose Alvarado (ankle) also stands to benefit once he's cleared to play, which could be as soon as soon as Monday against the Sacramento Kings.
Ryan is averaging 13.8 FanDuel points and 23.0 minutes per game this season. Per numberFire's NBA Heat Map, the Pelicans' implied total (118.0) is tied for fifth-highest out of 16 active teams on Monday. The game total (237.0) is second-highest on the board.
- Malik Monk (illness) questionable for Kings on Monday December 10th, 2023
- Dennis Smith Jr. (back) out again Monday for Nets December 10th, 2023
- Tari Eason (leg) questionable for Rockets on Monday December 10th, 2023
- Jordan McLaughlin (knee) questionable Monday for Minnesota December 10th, 2023
- Jake LaRavia (eye) questionable for Grizzlies Monday night December 10th, 2023
- Kyrie Irving (heel) ruled out Monday for Mavericks December 10th, 2023
- Dyson Daniels to play off New Orleans' bench Monday December 4th, 2023
- Pelicans' C.J. McCollum (rest) back in starting lineup Monday; Dyson Daniels sitting December 4th, 2023
- Matt Ryan (elbow) remains out for Pelicans Monday night December 3rd, 2023
- Pelicans starting Dyson Daniels at point guard on Saturday for inactive C.J. McCollum (rest) December 2nd, 2023
- Jose Alvarado (ankle) available for New Orleans on Saturday December 2nd, 2023
- Jose Alvarado (ankle) questionable for New Orleans on Saturday December 2nd, 2023