Hawks send John Collins to Jazz via trade
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Atlanta Hawks are trading forward John Collins to the Utah Jazz in return for Rudy Gay and a future second-round pick.
The Hawks appear to be moving Collins to shift off of the large 3-year, $78 million contract to gain some additional flexibility with their cap. They'll acquire Rudy Gay in the deal, who averaged 14.6 minutes per game off the bench over 56 games for the Jazz last season.
Collins started each of his 71 games with the Hawks last season but has seen his effectiveness with the team dwindle over each of the past 3 years. He averaged 13.1 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game in 2022.
- Moses Moody playing with Golden State's second unit on Tuesday night November 28th, 2023
- Warriors starting Draymond Green (suspension) on Tuesday, Moses Moody toe bench November 28th, 2023
- Chicago's DeMar DeRozan (ankle) questionable to return on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Chicago's Zach LaVine (foot) will not return on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Milwaukee's Pat Connaughton (ankle) out for remainder of Tuesday's contest November 28th, 2023
- Derrick Jones Jr. operating in second unit role for Dallas on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) questionable for Jazz Wednesday November 28th, 2023
- Jazz's Jordan Clarkson (thigh) questionable on Wednesday November 28th, 2023
- Utah's Lauri Markkanen (hamstring) out for at least next two games November 28th, 2023
- Jordan Clarkson (illness) starting for Jazz Monday; Kris Dunn riding pine November 27th, 2023
- Kris Dunn coming off Utah's bench on Monday November 27th, 2023
- Lauri Markkanen (hamstring) will not suit up for Utah Monday November 27th, 2023