Jazz's Walker Kessler (concussion) done for season
Utah Jazz center Walker Kessler (concussion) is out for the remainder of the season, reports Tony Jones of The Athletic.
Kessler suffered a concussion on Sunday against the Brooklyn Nets and entered league protocol on Monday. The rookie could potentially return if the Jazz make a run in the postseason. In the meantime, Udoka Azubuike, Kelly Olynyk, and Damian Jones will have more minutes available in the frontcourt.
Kessler averaged 27.9 FanDuel points in 23.0 minutes across 74 games (40 starts) as a rookie, with 9.2 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game.
- Malik Monk (illness) questionable for Kings on Monday December 10th, 2023
- Dennis Smith Jr. (back) out again Monday for Nets December 10th, 2023
- Tari Eason (leg) questionable for Rockets on Monday December 10th, 2023
- Jordan McLaughlin (knee) questionable Monday for Minnesota December 10th, 2023
- Jake LaRavia (eye) questionable for Grizzlies Monday night December 10th, 2023
- Kyrie Irving (heel) ruled out Monday for Mavericks December 10th, 2023
- Walker Kessler (foot) ruled out for Jazz Monday night December 10th, 2023
- Lauri Markkanen (hamstring) still out Monday for Utah December 10th, 2023
- Utah's Walker Kessler starting on Friday, Omer Yurtseven coming off the bench December 8th, 2023
- Ochai Agbaji playing with Utah's second unit on Friday night December 8th, 2023
- Jazz starting Jordan Clarkson (thigh) in Friday's lineup, Ochai Agbaji to bench December 8th, 2023
- Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) available for Utah on Friday December 8th, 2023