LeBron James (foot) expected back for Lakers this season
Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James (right foot tendon) is expected back "at some point [this season]," per head coach Darvin Ham.
The Lakers haven't provided a timeline for James' return, but Ham's comments make it sound like they expect him to return before their regular-season finale on April 9. Los Angeles is currently in a three-way tie with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Utah Jazz for the No. 9 seed in the Western Conference. D'Angelo Russell and Anthony Davis will continue to lead the offense without James. There will also be more work for Dennis Schroder, Rui Hachimura, Lonnie Walker, and Troy Brown.
Russell is averaging 33.1 minutes and 35.2 FanDuel points per game without LeBron. Davis is averaging 54.0 FanDuel points across 18 LeBron-less games this season.
- Gabe Vincent (ankle) available for Heat in Game 7 Monday night May 29th, 2023
- Celtics' Malcolm Brogdon (forearm) cleared to play in Game 7 Monday night May 29th, 2023
- Malcolm Brogdon (forearm) questionable in Monday's Game 7 for Boston May 28th, 2023
- Gabe Vincent (ankle) questionable for Heat in Game 7 Monday May 28th, 2023
- Kevin Love playing with Heat's second unit on Saturday May 27th, 2023
- Caleb Martin starting in Miami's Saturday Game 6 contest, Kevin Love to bench May 27th, 2023
- Lakers move D'Angelo Russell to second unit for Game 4 Monday night May 22nd, 2023
- Jarred Vanderbilt coming off Lakers' bench in Monday's Game 4 May 22nd, 2023
- Dennis Schroder starting for Lakers in Game 4 Monday; D'Angelo Russell playing with second unit May 22nd, 2023
- Rui Hachimura starting for Lakers in Game 4 Monday; Jarred Vanderbilt to bench May 22nd, 2023
- Dennis Schroder coming off the bench for Lakers in Game 2 on Thursday May 18th, 2023
- Lakers' Jarred Vanderbilt starting Game 2 on Thursday, Dennis Schroder coming off the bench May 18th, 2023