Woj: Brooklyn's Ben Simmons (back) 'expected to need 3-to-4 months to make a full recovery on back surgery'
Brooklyn Nets forward Ben Simmons (back) will undergo "a microdiscectomy procedure to address pain located in a herniated disk in his lower back."
According to Wojnarowski, "the expectation is that Simmons be ready to return well ahead of training camp" after the Nets' forward undergoes surgery on Thursday.
During his last active season in 2020-2021, Simmons averaged 14.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 6.9 assists.
- Chad Pinder not in Athletics' Monday lineup July 4th, 2022
- Kevin Huerter heading from Atlanta to Sacramento in three-player deal July 1st, 2022
- Celtics acquire Malcolm Brogdon from Indiana on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Timberwolves send Patrick Beverley to Utah in megadeal July 1st, 2022
- Malik Beasley, four others headed to Utah in trade July 1st, 2022
- Jazz trade Rudy Gobert to Minnesota in blockbuster deal July 1st, 2022
- Woj: Brooklyn's Ben Simmons (back) 'expected to need 3-to-4 months to make a full recovery on back surgery' May 4th, 2022
- Nets' Ben Simmons (back) ruled out for Monday contest April 24th, 2022
- Blake Griffin (ankle) available in Game 3 for Brooklyn on Saturday April 23rd, 2022
- Blake Griffin (ankle) questionable Saturday for Brooklyn in Game 3 April 22nd, 2022
- Charania: Ben Simmons (back) plans to play in Brooklyn's Monday Game 4 matchup April 21st, 2022
- Ben Simmons (back) targeting Game 4 on Monday for Nets debut April 20th, 2022