Anthony Davis (adductor) reportedly ruled out for Lakers Wednesday in back-to-back
Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Anthony Davis (adductor) has been ruled out for Wednesday against the Houston Rockets, reports Dave McMenamin of ESPN.
Davis will sit out the second end of the back-to-back and join LeBron James (ankle) on the sidelines. Davis' adductor started tightening up on him late in Tuesday's contest and the Lakers can afford to let him heal against a tanking Houston team. Kyle Kuzma or Markieff Morris will likely replace Davis in the starting lineup and they should both take on larger offensive roles. Talen Horton-Tucker, Andre Drummond, and Montrezl Harrell are also be in line for more work. This will be the first time this season that the Lakers will be without Davis, LeBron, and Dennis Schroder (protocols).
Drummond is leading the Lakers with a 32.3 usage percentage and averaging 1.4 FanDuel points per minute with Davis, LeBron, and Schroder off the court. THT is second at 26.7 percent and Harrell is third at 26.0 percent. They are averaging 1.0 and 1.2 FanDuel points per minute, respectively, with those three off the floor.
- Hawks' Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) will not return to Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Donovan Mitchell (ankle) available for Jazz in Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Mike Conley (hamstring) starting for Jazz in Game 6 on Friday, Joe Ingles coming off the bench June 18th, 2021
- Utah's Mike Conley (hamstring) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Hawks' Trae Young (shoulder) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Andre Drummond coming off Lakers' bench Thursday night June 3rd, 2021
- Anthony Davis (groin) starting for Lakers Thursday; Markieff Morris to bench June 3rd, 2021
- Marc Gasol officially starting for Lakers in Game 6 Thursday; Andre Drummond to bench June 3rd, 2021
- Haynes: Anthony Davis (groin) cleared to play for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021
- Shams: Marc Gasol expected to start in front of Andre Drummond for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (knee) will suit up for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021