Pelicans lose Bryce Dejean-Jones (broken wrist) for six to eight weeks
New Orleans Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean-Jones has been diagnosed with a fractured right wrist, and he is expected to miss the next six to eight weeks of action.
Dejean-Jones is scheduled to undergo surgery on Friday, and he can safely be cut in all leagues with this report. Alonzo Gee and Toney Douglas figure to see a bump in minutes sans Dejean-Jones, but neither guy makes for all that appealing of an add in standard leagues. Eric Gordon (finger) is getting close to a return, so he should be stashed everywhere as a guy with mid-round upside and zero competition for playing time.
Dejean-Jones currently ranks 89th with a -1.0 nERD through 14 games this season, including 11 as a starter. On the year, he's averaging 5.6 points, 3.4 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 0.9 3-pointers per game on 40.6 percent shooting from the field.
- Suns' Chris Paul (health protocols) out again Tuesday June 21st, 2021
- Marcus Morris (knee) uncertain Tuesday for Clippers June 21st, 2021
- Atlanta's Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) will play in Sunday's Game 7 contest against 76ers June 20th, 2021
- Trae Young (shoulder) active for Hawks' Sunday Game 7 matchup June 20th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid (knee) available for Sunday's Game 7 matchup June 20th, 2021
- Suns' Cameron Payne starting for Chris Paul (health protocols) Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Pelicans' James Johnson (knee) available on Sunday May 16th, 2021
- James Johnson (knee) questionable for Pelicans Sunday May 15th, 2021
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) out for Pelicans in season finale Sunday May 15th, 2021
- Pelicans' Steven Adams (toe) out again on Friday May 14th, 2021
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) out again for Pelicans Friday May 14th, 2021
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) listed as questionable on Pelicans' Friday injury report May 13th, 2021