Timberwolves' Malik Beasley to be suspended 12 games
Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Malik Beasley is being suspended 12 games by the NBA for conduct stemming from charges in the offseason, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium.
Beasley's charges from his incident last September were resolved in court earlier this month and now the NBA has issued its discipline as well. Beasley, a Most Improved Player candidate, will not be eligible to return until March 27 versus the Houston Rockets. Jaylen Nowell should see more playing time and is a candidate to replace Beasley in the starting lineup. Jarrett Culver also figures to see a boost once he's back up to full speed from his ankle injury.
Beasley is averaging 31.2 FanDuel points per game with a 24.5 percent usage rate this season. Karl-Anthony Towns is another beneficiary from Beasley's absence, as he leads the team with an 8.6 percent usage increase when playing without Beasley this season. Anthony Edwards is second at 5.6 percent.
- Georges Niang playing with Utah's second unit on Friday afternoon April 16th, 2021
- Royce O'Neale returning to Jazz lineup Friday for Georges Niang April 16th, 2021
- Pacers' Doug McDermott (ankle) ruled out again Friday afternoon April 16th, 2021
- Myles Turner (ankle) ruled out for Pacers in Friday matinee April 16th, 2021
- Raptors' DeAndre' Bembry (hamstring) now questionable Friday April 16th, 2021
- Hamidou Diallo (knee) questionable for Thunder against Pistons April 16th, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) will play for Minnesota Friday night April 15th, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) ruled out for Timberwolves again Wednesday April 14th, 2021
- Timberwolves' Naz Reid starting Tuesday afternoon for Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) April 13th, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) ruled out for Timberwolves Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Nets-Timberwolves to be played Tuesday at 4pm ET April 13th, 2021
- Monday's Timberwolves-Nets game officially postponed April 12th, 2021