Kristaps Porzingis (knee) reportedly out for Mavericks to begin year
Dallas Mavericks forward/center Kristaps Porzingis (knee) will miss the start of the season, reports Eddie Sefko of the Mavericks official website.
Porzingis is recovering from a knee operation he underwent at the beginning of October. Sefko says the Mavericks will be cautious but that Porzingis is expected to play at some point this upcoming season. Mavericks president Donny Nelson is hoping Porzingis will be cleared for on-court work around the beginning of the new year. Dwight Powell (Achilles) will see an expanded role if he's available at the start of the season and Maxi Kleber should also benefit while Porzingis is sidelined. Luka Doncic also figures to see an uptick in usage.
Porzingis averaged 40.9 FanDuel points per game last season. He finished particularly strong with 27.2 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.2 blocks, and 3.3 3-pointers over his last six games while shooting 51.3 percent from beyond the arc.
- Thunder's Al Horford (personal) questionable for Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Cleveland's Larry Nance Jr. (wrist) questionable for Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter-Williams out again for Magic on Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Lakers' LeBron James (ankle) questionable for Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Minnesota's Jarrett Culver (ankle) ruled out on Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Timberwolves' D'Angelo Russell (quad) questionable for Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Maxi Kleber reportedly behind other Mavericks in COVID-19 recovery January 26th, 2021
- Dallas' Josh Richardson (health protocols) questionable for Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Mavericks' Dorian Finney-Smith (health protocols) questionable for Wednesday January 26th, 2021
- Luka Doncic scores 35 for Dallas with 11 boards, 16 assists, 4 steals January 26th, 2021
- Josh Green coming off bench for Mavericks Monday January 25th, 2021
- Mavs' Kristaps Porzingis (injury management) returning Monday; Josh Green to come off bench January 25th, 2021