Nets' Taurean Prince reportedly tests positive, sitting out restart
Brooklyn Nets small forward Taurean Prince has tested positive for the coronavirus and will sit out the NBA's restart, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Prince is the fourth Nets player to opt out, joining Spencer Dinwiddie, DeAndre Jordan, and Wilson Chandler as COVID-19 casualties. Kyrie Irving (right shoulder) and Kevin Durant (right Achilles) are also unavailable. Caris LeVert is going to be asked to shoulder the bulk of the offensive load for Brooklyn. Garrett Temple and Dzanan Musa should also see more run.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Nets are tied for having the seventh-worst odds (+16000) to win the NBA Championship.
- Jimmy Butler (foot) sidelined again for Heat on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Goran Dragic (ankle) ruled out for Heat on Thursday against Bucks August 6th, 2020
- George Hill returning to Bucks' bench Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Wesley Matthews (calf) will start for Bucks on Thursday over George Hill August 6th, 2020
- Russell Westbrook (quad) unlikely to play for Rockets on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- LeBron James out for Lakers on Thursday with sore groin in second leg of back-to-back August 6th, 2020
- Rodions Kurucs playing off Brooklyn's bench Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Jarrett Allen (rest) returns to Nets' lineup Wednesday; Rodions Kurucs to bench August 5th, 2020
- Garrett Temple coming off Brooklyn's bench Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot coming off Nets' bench Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Caris LeVert (thigh) starting for Brooklyn Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Joe Harris (back) returns to Nets starting lineup Wednesday August 5th, 2020