Wizards: Bradley Beal still in air
Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal will travel with the team to Orlando but remains undecided on playing, per head coach Scott Brooks.
Brooks says the decision depends on conditioning. “We’re not gonna put our players at risk if they’re not ready to play in an NBA game,” Brooks says. Beal deciding to opt-out would create enormous opportunities for the entire Wizards' roster. Shabazz Napier is the only other player on the roster with a usage rate above 20.0 percent. Ish Smith, Gary Payton II, Troy Brown Jr., and Garrison Matthews would all be set up for extended playing time if Beal doesn't play. There would also be more usage for the likes of Thomas Bryant, Moe Wagner, and Rui Hachimura.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Wizards are tied for having the worst odds (+25000) to win the NBA Championship. Napier has a team-high 25.9 percent usage rate when Beal is off the court this season.
- Nicolas Batum coming off Clippers' bench Tuesday June 22nd, 2021
- Terance Mann coming off Clippers' bench on Tuesday June 22nd, 2021
- Ivica Zubac starting for Clippers in Game 2; Nicolas Batum back to bench June 22nd, 2021
- Patrick Beverley starting for Clippers in Game 2; Terance Mann to bench June 22nd, 2021
- Marcus Morris (knee) will suit up for Clippers Tuesday June 22nd, 2021
- Kevin Huerter (ankle) probable for Hawks Wednesday June 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Raul Neto starting for injured Davis Bertans on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021
- Wizards' Davis Bertans (calf) out for at least four weeks June 1st, 2021
- Davis Bertans (calf) out for remainder of Monday's Game 4 contest May 31st, 2021
- Russell Westbrook (ankle) will play Monday for Wizards May 31st, 2021
- Wizards' Ish Smith (groin) will play Monday May 31st, 2021
- Wizards starting Daniel Gafford on Monday, Alex Len to bench May 31st, 2021