Michael Porter Jr. to likely see playoff minutes for Nuggets
Denver Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr. has "a good chance ... to play in these playoffs," head coach Mike Malone said.
“Mike has got all the talent in the world," Malone said. "I look forward to seeing how he’ll handle [postseason minutes] with this being his first time going through it." Porter played 21.4 minutes per game in January when the Nuggets were banged up, but he's seen just 12.7 minutes per game since. Porter has averaged just 5.2 points with a 42.6 field goal percentage in those contests, so he's unlikely to see much more usage in the postseason.
numberFire's models project MPJ for 8.4 points and 4.5 rebounds per game over the rest of the season. He's averaging 1.1 FanDuel points per contest. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Nuggets have the seventh-best odds (+2500) to win the NBA Championship.
- Kemba Walker starting for Celtics on Friday, Marcus Smart coming off the bench August 7th, 2020
- Marcus Smart coming off the bench for Boston on Friday August 7th, 2020
- Indiana's Doug McDermott (knee) questionable on Saturday August 7th, 2020
- Lakers' LeBron James (groin) questionable for Saturday August 7th, 2020
- Indiana's Myles Turner (ankle) questionable on Saturday August 7th, 2020
- Kings' Richaun Holmes (hip) will not return on Friday August 7th, 2020
- Nuggets starting Jerami Grant for inactive Paul Millsap on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Denver's Jamal Murray (hamstring) ruled out on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Paul Millsap ruled out for Nuggets on Thursday against Trail Blazers August 6th, 2020
- Nuggets' Jamal Murray (hamstring) remains out Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Nuggets' Will Barton (knee) out again on Wednesday August 4th, 2020
- Nuggets' Michael Porter Jr. starting for injured Will Barton (knee) on Saturday August 1st, 2020