Suns' Ricky Rubio to have reduced workload
Phoenix Suns point guard Ricky Rubio is expected to play fewer minutes than normal when the season resumes in Orlando, per head coach Monty Williams.
Williams wants to try and prevent Rubio from suffering an injury under these circumstances. He was averaging 31.6 minutes per game and had a 20.2 percent usage rate before the pandemic took over. Jevon Carter, Elie Okobo, and first-round pick Ty Jerome could all see an uptick in minutes.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Suns are tied for having the worst odds (+25000) to win the NBA Championship. Rubio is averaging 1.1 FanDuel points per minute this season.
- Chris Paul (health protocols) officially probable for Game 3 June 23rd, 2021
- Atlanta's Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) active for Wednesday's Game 1 contest against Bucks June 23rd, 2021
- Cam Reddish (Achilles) available for Hawks in Game 1 June 23rd, 2021
- Kevin Huerter (ankle) available for Hawks in Game 1 Wednesday June 23rd, 2021
- McMillan: Atlanta's Cam Reddish (Achilles) 'should be available' for Wednesday's Game 1 matchup June 23rd, 2021
- Chris Paul (health protocols) reportedly plans to play in Game 3 for Suns June 23rd, 2021
- Minnesota's Jarred Vanderbilt starting on Sunday, Ricky Rubio to bench May 16th, 2021
- Jaden McDaniels starting for Timberwolves Saturday; Jarred Vanderbilt back to bench May 15th, 2021
- Juan Hernangomez (quad) will play for Timberwolves Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Jaden McDaniels (personal) returning for Timberwolves Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Minnesota's Juan Hernangomez (quad) questionable for Tuesday May 10th, 2021
- Juan Hernangomez (knee) out for Minnesota on Sunday May 9th, 2021