Ben Simmons (back) reportedly out for 76ers at least 2 more weeks
Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons will be re-evaluated in approximately 2 weeks, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Simmons is dealing with a nerve impingement in his lower back that he suffered during Saturday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. He will undergo daily treatment and rehab but isn't expected to return in two weeks, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, and Josh Richardson will pick up the slack on offense amongst the 76ers' starters. Raul Neto, Shake Milton, and Alec Burks figure to form a committee at point guard.
Simmons is averaging 43.0 FanDuel points per game this season. Embiid scored a career-high 49 points without Simmons on Sunday, finishing with a season-high 78.3 FanDuel points.
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Suns reportedly acquire Landry Shamet in trade with Nets July 29th, 2021
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid (knee) available for Sunday's Game 7 matchup June 20th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers in Game 7 June 20th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers Friday June 17th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available and starting in Game 5 on Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers Wednesday June 16th, 2021