Marcus Smart turns in 31-point gem for Celtics in start
Boston Celtics point guard Marcus Smart scored 31 points (10-of-20 field goals, 6-of-8 free throws) with 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, 5 3-pointers, and 3 turnovers in 45.9 minutes of a 141-133 double-overtime win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday.
Following three straight single-digit scoring efforts, Smart was outstanding in a spot-start for Jaylen Brown (calf). He's shooting 46.0 percent from the field in February after making just 36.2 percent of his attempts in December and January. Smart and the Celtics will visit the Minnesota Timberwolves on February 21 in their first game out of the All-Star break.
Smart scored 49.3 FanDuel points on Thursday, his third-highest total of the season. numberFire's models project him for 11.1 points, 3.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.4 steals, and 1.7 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Jazz's Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell medically cleared from COVID-19 March 27th, 2020
- Detroit's Christian Wood reportedly cleared from coronavirus on Wednesday night March 26th, 2020
- Warriors' Klay Thompson participating in drills March 22nd, 2020
- Kevin Durant, 3 other Nets test positive for coronavirus March 17th, 2020
- NBA (COVID-19) best-case for return is reportedly mid-June March 16th, 2020
- Pistons' Christian Wood tests positive for coronavirus March 15th, 2020
- NBA suspension to likely last over 2 weeks March 12th, 2020
- Kemba Walker (knee) playing 30-32 minutes for Celtics on Tuesday March 10th, 2020
- Celtics' Robert Williams (back) probable for Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Jaylen Brown (hamstring) remaining out for Celtics on Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Celtics' Semi Ojeleye back to the bench for Sunday night March 8th, 2020
- Gordon Hayward starting for Celtics on Sunday, Semi Ojeleye coming off the bench March 8th, 2020