Timberwolves reportedly acquire Jarred Vanderbilt in multi-team deal
The Minnesota Timberwolves have acquired center Jarred Vanderbilt as part of a four-team, 12-player deal, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The Timberwolves shipped off Robert Covington, Keita Bates-Diop, Jordan Bell, and Noah Vonleh in the deal. That may mean a huge boost for Vanderbilt, who averaged just 4.6 minutes in 26 games for the Denver Nuggets after entering the league as a second-round pick in 2018. He could emerge as the primary backup to Juan Hernangomez, who was also acquired in the mega-trade.
Vanderbilt averaged just 4.6 minutes in nine games for the Nuggets this season.
- Terance Mann starting for Clippers in Game 5 on Wednesday in place of injured Kawhi Leonard (knee) June 16th, 2021
- Hawks' Trae Young (shoulder) available for Game 5 on Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available and starting in Game 5 on Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) out for Game 6 on Thursday June 16th, 2021
- Utah's Mike Conley (hamstring) out again for Game 5 on Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Suns' Chris Paul in COVID-19 protocol, out indefinitely June 16th, 2021
- Minnesota's Jarred Vanderbilt starting on Sunday, Ricky Rubio to bench May 16th, 2021
- Jaden McDaniels starting for Timberwolves Saturday; Jarred Vanderbilt back to bench May 15th, 2021
- Juan Hernangomez (quad) will play for Timberwolves Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Jaden McDaniels (personal) returning for Timberwolves Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Minnesota's Juan Hernangomez (quad) questionable for Tuesday May 10th, 2021
- Juan Hernangomez (knee) out for Minnesota on Sunday May 9th, 2021