Zion Williamson (knee) will start for Pelicans in NBA debut
New Orleans Pelicans small forward Zion Williamson (right knee surgery) will start on Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs.
The Pelicans want Williamson to play in short bursts in his NBA debut. There won't be a hard minutes restriction, but ESPN's Andrew Lopez expects Williamson to play about 15-20 minutes. Jaxson Hayes will likely be replaced in the first unit.
Williamson averaged 23.3 points per game in the preseason, becoming the first rookie to average over 20.0 points since NBA preseason statistics became available in 2005. Williamson is also the only player since 2005-06 to average 20-plus preseason points per game while shooting over 70.0 percent from the field.
- Jae Crowder starting for Miami Thursday; Derrick Jones Jr. to bench February 20th, 2020
- Derrick Jones Jr. playing with Miami's second unit on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Ersan Ilyasova coming off Bucks' bench Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (personal) starting on Thursday; Ersan Ilyasova to bench February 20th, 2020
- Detroit's Sekou Doumbouya starting on Thursday, Christian Wood to bench February 20th, 2020
- Derrick Rose starting for Detroit on Thursday in place of released Reggie Jackson February 20th, 2020
- Zion Williamson raises career-high to 32 points in Pelicans' loss February 14th, 2020
- Pelicans' Brandon Ingram (ankle) sidelined again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) a GTD for Pelicans again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) questionable for Pelicans on Thursday February 12th, 2020
- Zion Williamson scores career-high 31, Pelicans trounce Trail Blazers February 12th, 2020
- Nicolo Melli playing with Pelicans' second unit on Tuesday February 11th, 2020