Report: Russell Westbrook (rest) ruled out for Rockets versus Grizzlies
Houston Rockets point guard Russell Westbrook will be rested on Monday versus the Memphis Grizzlies, reports Tim MacMahon of ESPN.
Rockets head coach Mike D'Antoni almost changed his mind after Westbrook only logged 26.2 minutes on Sunday, but he will stick to the original plan on the second end of the back-to-back. Westbrook underwent spring knee surgery, so the Rockets are treating him with caution. James Harden will be busy on Monday and Eric Gordon may draw a start. Austin Rivers and Chris Clemons should also benefit.
Westbrook is averaging 50.1 FanDuel points to start his Rockets tenure. numberFire's models project him for 21.9 points, 10.2 rebounds, 8.3 assists, 1.8 steals, and 1.7 3-pointers per game over the rest of the year.
- Hawks' De'Andre Hunter (injury management) to return Thursday May 13th, 2021
- Trae Young (hip) probable for Hawks versus Orlando May 13th, 2021
- Danilo Gallinari (back) questionable for Hawks' back-to-back May 13th, 2021
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (hamstring) uncertain Thursday for Hawks May 13th, 2021
- Derrick Rose (ankle) upgraded to probable for Knicks Thursday May 13th, 2021
- Clint Capela (heel) questionable for Hawks versus Magic May 13th, 2021
- Wizards starting Garrison Mathews for injured Bradley Beal on Monday May 10th, 2021
- Bradley Beal (hamstring) out for Wizards until at least Friday May 10th, 2021
- Wizards' Bradley Beal (hamstring) out on Monday May 9th, 2021
- Washington's Rui Hachimura (illness) starting with minutes restriction on Saturday May 8th, 2021
- Anthony Gill coming off Wizards' bench on Saturday May 8th, 2021
- Wizards' Rui Hachimura (illness) available on Saturday May 7th, 2021