Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue'
The Philadelphia Phillies and free agent pitcher Jake Arrieta are "having dialogue," per Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.
With top free agents coming off the board, the attention is now on Arrieta as one of -- if not the top -- the top pitching options on the market. He has connections with some of the people in Philadelphia, but there's a gap in what each party is looking for. The Phillies want a short-term deal, but Arrieta's been looking for more than that. However, if he's willing to do fewer years, he could still get a nice chunk of change and help Philly compete with a young nucleus.
In 30 starts, Arrieta went 14-10 with a 3.53 ERA and 4.16 FIP in 2017.
- Cleveland-Chicago expected to have first pitch at 9 pm EST on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Pirates-Cubs expected to start at 9 pm EST on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Cleveland-Chicago to start in a rain delay on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Tuesday's Braves-Mets game expected to start at 7:40 pm EST September 25th, 2018
- Pirates-Cubs being delayed due to weather on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Braves-Mets game on Tuesday to start in a rain delay September 25th, 2018
- Phillies' Aaron Altherr done for season with ligament tear in toe September 25th, 2018
- Phillies' Aaron Altherr (toe, knee) out Tuesday, may be dealing with concussion September 25th, 2018
- Phillies' Dylan Cozens draws start Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Phillies' Roman Quinn starting in center field on Monday September 24th, 2018
- Maikel Franco sitting for Phillies on Monday September 24th, 2018
- Jorge Alfaro not in Phillies' Monday lineup September 24th, 2018