Joe Panik at second base on Monday for San Francisco
San Francisco Giants second baseman Joe Panik is starting on Monday against the Chicago Cubs.
After being held against a left-hander on Sunday, Panik will return to the starting lineup for tonight's series opener with right-hander Jake Arrieta and the Cubs. He's batting second for San Francisco while Miguel Gomez will return to the bench.
Arrieta owns a stifling 2.08 ERA over his last six starts and hasn't given up more than two runs in four consecutive outings, so he's someone to avoid where possible, especially tonight when the Giants have the second-lowest implied total (3.47 runs) of the evening on a short-seven game slate. numberFire's metrics project Panik to score 6.7 FanDuel points at a cost of $2,600 on Monday.
- Brain McCann starting at catcher for Houston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- J.D. Davis out of the Astros' lineup on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Kolten Wong out of the lineup Wednesday for St. Louis May 23rd, 2018
- Whit Merrifield batting second for Kansas City on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Tyler O'Neill out of the Cardinals' lineup against the Royals May 23rd, 2018
- Astros' Marwin Gonzalez starting in left field on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Nick Hundley sitting for San Francisco on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen starting for Giants on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Pablo Sandoval playing designated hitter as Giants visit Houston May 22nd, 2018
- Kelby Tomlinson starting for San Francisco on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen out for Giants on Sunday with a bruised knee May 20th, 2018
- Gregor Blanco not in Giants' lineup on Sunday May 20th, 2018