Joe Panik at second base on Monday for San Francisco
San Francisco Giants second baseman Joe Panik is starting on Monday against the Chicago Cubs.
After being held against a left-hander on Sunday, Panik will return to the starting lineup for tonight's series opener with right-hander Jake Arrieta and the Cubs. He's batting second for San Francisco while Miguel Gomez will return to the bench.
Arrieta owns a stifling 2.08 ERA over his last six starts and hasn't given up more than two runs in four consecutive outings, so he's someone to avoid where possible, especially tonight when the Giants have the second-lowest implied total (3.47 runs) of the evening on a short-seven game slate. numberFire's metrics project Panik to score 6.7 FanDuel points at a cost of $2,600 on Monday.
- Ian Kinsler on second base for Red Sox in Game 5 Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Jake Marisnick starting for Houston in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Mitch Moreland (hamstring) starting as Red Sox look to eliminate Astros in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Josh Reddick not in Houston's Game 5 lineup October 18th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Ian Kinsler on Red Sox's bench in Game 4 Wednesday night October 17th, 2018
- Gregor Blanco starting for Giants on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Giants' Austin Slater sitting on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Evan Longoria hitting third on Friday for the Giants September 28th, 2018
- Brandon Crawford is in the Giants' lineup on Friday September 28th, 2018
- Giants' Nick Hundley starting at catcher on Friday night September 28th, 2018
- Gorkys Hernandez is in the Giants' Friday lineup September 28th, 2018