Joe Panik at second base on Monday for San Francisco
San Francisco Giants second baseman Joe Panik is starting on Monday against the Chicago Cubs.
After being held against a left-hander on Sunday, Panik will return to the starting lineup for tonight's series opener with right-hander Jake Arrieta and the Cubs. He's batting second for San Francisco while Miguel Gomez will return to the bench.
Arrieta owns a stifling 2.08 ERA over his last six starts and hasn't given up more than two runs in four consecutive outings, so he's someone to avoid where possible, especially tonight when the Giants have the second-lowest implied total (3.47 runs) of the evening on a short-seven game slate. numberFire's metrics project Panik to score 6.7 FanDuel points at a cost of $2,600 on Monday.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Giants sign Tony Watson to three-year deal February 17th, 2018
- Austin Jackson signs 2-year deal with San Francisco January 22nd, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Giants acquire Evan Longoria in five-player deal with Rays December 20th, 2017