Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined
Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Raisel Iglesias was scheduled to have his right elbow and back examined on Monday.
Iglesias has been complaining of a sore back and elbow, but the team does not believe it is anything serious. They scheduled the MRI just to be safe. The pitcher was moved out of the starting rotation last season due to concerns about his durability. While the team will not designate a closer at this point, Iglesias will get the first crack at earning the job, if healthy.
Iglesias twirled a 2.53 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 25.5 strikeout percentage across 78 1/3 innings (37 games) last season.
- Arizona pitcher Shelby Miller leaves start with forearm tightness April 23rd, 2017
- Marcus Stroman goes the distance in Blue Jays' win April 23rd, 2017
- Kyle Freeland shuts down Giants over seven frames for Rockies April 23rd, 2017
- White Sox get a strong outing from Derek Holland on Sunday April 23rd, 2017
- Andrew Benintendi racks up 5 hits as the Red Sox top O's April 23rd, 2017
- Ken Giles earns his fifth save of the year for Houston April 23rd, 2017
- Scott Schebler homers as Reds defeat Cubs April 23rd, 2017
- Eugenio Suarez (neck) starting for Reds Wednesday after one-game absence April 19th, 2017
- Eugenio Suarez scratched from lineup as Reds prepare for Baltimore April 18th, 2017
- Reds pull Brandon Finnegan after only one inning on Saturday April 15th, 2017
- Zack Cozart goes perfect from the dish in Reds' loss April 14th, 2017
- Reds' Zack Cozart (wrist) back in action Wednesday April 12th, 2017