Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined
Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Raisel Iglesias was scheduled to have his right elbow and back examined on Monday.
Iglesias has been complaining of a sore back and elbow, but the team does not believe it is anything serious. They scheduled the MRI just to be safe. The pitcher was moved out of the starting rotation last season due to concerns about his durability. While the team will not designate a closer at this point, Iglesias will get the first crack at earning the job, if healthy.
Iglesias twirled a 2.53 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 25.5 strikeout percentage across 78 1/3 innings (37 games) last season.
- Yankees "making progress toward" trade for Athletics' Sonny Gray, Yonder Alonso July 25th, 2017
- White Sox receive outfielder Ryan Cordell in trade with Brewers July 25th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright (back) lands on the disabled list July 25th, 2017
- Brewers acquire Anthony Swarzak from White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Twins' Jason Castro dropped to eighth in Tuesday's lineup July 25th, 2017
- Twins' Robbie Grossman sitting on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Patrick Kivlehan batting fifth for Cincinnati versus Yankees July 25th, 2017
- Scooter Gennett not starting for Reds on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Adam Duvall returns as Reds take on Yankees July 25th, 2017
- Zack Cozart out for Reds on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Arismendy Alcantara starting on Tuesday for Reds July 25th, 2017
- Adam Duvall is out of the Reds' lineup Monday July 24th, 2017