Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined
Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Raisel Iglesias was scheduled to have his right elbow and back examined on Monday.
Iglesias has been complaining of a sore back and elbow, but the team does not believe it is anything serious. They scheduled the MRI just to be safe. The pitcher was moved out of the starting rotation last season due to concerns about his durability. While the team will not designate a closer at this point, Iglesias will get the first crack at earning the job, if healthy.
Iglesias twirled a 2.53 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 25.5 strikeout percentage across 78 1/3 innings (37 games) last season.
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Stuart Turner absent from Reds' lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Tucker Barnhart starting for Reds on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Scott Schebler not in Reds' lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Phillip Ervin starting for Reds on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Jose Peraza not in Sunday's lineup for Reds October 1st, 2017
- Zack Cozart starting for Reds on Sunday October 1st, 2017