Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined
Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Raisel Iglesias was scheduled to have his right elbow and back examined on Monday.
Iglesias has been complaining of a sore back and elbow, but the team does not believe it is anything serious. They scheduled the MRI just to be safe. The pitcher was moved out of the starting rotation last season due to concerns about his durability. While the team will not designate a closer at this point, Iglesias will get the first crack at earning the job, if healthy.
Iglesias twirled a 2.53 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 25.5 strikeout percentage across 78 1/3 innings (37 games) last season.
- James Paxton set to start on Wednesday for Mariners May 27th, 2017
- Wil Myers is not in Padres' Saturday lineup May 27th, 2017
- Daniel Murphy is still out of Nationals' Saturday lineup May 27th, 2017
- J.D. Martinez is not in Tigers' lineup for first game of doubleheader May 27th, 2017
- White Sox officially sign Luis Robert for $26 million May 27th, 2017
- Tigers place Ian Kinsler (hamstring) on disabled list May 27th, 2017
- Reds' Tim Adleman goes eight innings in one-hitter win May 27th, 2017
- Indians versus Reds rained out on Thursday night May 25th, 2017
- Reds place Amir Garrett (hip) on the disabled list May 25th, 2017
- Eugenio Suarez not in Reds' lineup versus Cleveland May 23rd, 2017
- Devin Mesoraco not in the lineup for Cincinnati on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Zack Cozart (wrist) returns to the lineup for Cincinnati May 22nd, 2017