Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined
Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Raisel Iglesias was scheduled to have his right elbow and back examined on Monday.
Iglesias has been complaining of a sore back and elbow, but the team does not believe it is anything serious. They scheduled the MRI just to be safe. The pitcher was moved out of the starting rotation last season due to concerns about his durability. While the team will not designate a closer at this point, Iglesias will get the first crack at earning the job, if healthy.
Iglesias twirled a 2.53 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 25.5 strikeout percentage across 78 1/3 innings (37 games) last season.
- Kelby Tomlinson heading back to Giants' bench on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Giants' Joe Panik back in starting lineup on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Gorkys Hernandez will start, hit eighth for the Giants on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Austin Jackson is not in the Giants' lineup on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence out of lineup on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Gregor Blanco will lead off for the Giants on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Scott Schebler (elbow) on track to be activated for Reds on Friday April 18th, 2018
- Cliff Pennington on Reds' bench against Brewers April 18th, 2018
- Billy Hamilton drops to nine-hole as Reds close series in Milwaukee April 18th, 2018
- Jose Peraza back up to second in Reds' order on Wednesday April 18th, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco (wrist) out of Reds' lineup on Wednesday April 18th, 2018
- Alex Blandino manning the hot corner for Reds on Wednesday April 18th, 2018