Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined
Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Raisel Iglesias was scheduled to have his right elbow and back examined on Monday.
Iglesias has been complaining of a sore back and elbow, but the team does not believe it is anything serious. They scheduled the MRI just to be safe. The pitcher was moved out of the starting rotation last season due to concerns about his durability. While the team will not designate a closer at this point, Iglesias will get the first crack at earning the job, if healthy.
Iglesias twirled a 2.53 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 25.5 strikeout percentage across 78 1/3 innings (37 games) last season.
- Jose Bautista starting for Mets on Thursday June 21st, 2018
- Athletics-White Sox postponed to Friday due to rain June 21st, 2018
- Jean Segura absent for Mariners' Thursday due to forearm infection June 21st, 2018
- Cardinals' Jose Martinez receiving treatment on left shoulder June 21st, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre enters Twins' lineup versus Red Sox June 21st, 2018
- Eddie Rosario scratched from Twins' lineup Thursday with sore shoulder, Ryan LaMarre to start June 21st, 2018
- Jose Peraza slides down in Reds' lineup versus Tigers June 20th, 2018
- Adam Duvall sitting for Cincinnati on Wednesday afternoon June 20th, 2018
- Scott Schebler returns to Reds' lineup on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Cincinnati's Scott Schebler out of the lineup against the Tigers June 19th, 2018
- Curt Casali out of the Reds' lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Reds' Jesse Winker in the starting lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018